Patriot Academy's Philosophy and Mission
For us, teaching is more than just imparting knowledge. Our primary directive is to cultivate a love of learning in our students. Our students thrive in an environment of mutual caring and respect where individual strengths and interests are valued as students are supported in their quest for continuous improvement in pursuit of their goals.
Patriot Academy’s philosophical focus centers on a back-to-basics curriculum, however, Patriot Academy is more than just a back-to-basics school. From day one, we have considered Patriot Academy to be an environment where active learning takes place--a place where students can learn about the world and themselves. Our faculty's educational expertise and personal dedication are key to our culture of mutual respect and cooperation.
Our Core Beliefs:
- We believe in educating the whole child; therefore we place a high importance on physical education, music, drama, character development, and practical life skills.
- We believe that the education of the whole child must begin with a solid foundation in language and numeracy; therefore we use a back-to-basics curriculum.
- We believe all students deserve exposure to the great ideas upon which western civilization was founded; therefore we draw upon Core Knowledge to expose our students to history, science, literature, and the arts.
- We believe each child is an individual with unique strengths and gifts that must be nourished; therefore our teachers employ a flexible, creative approach to curriculum and instruction tailored to the needs and interests of the child.
- We believe children learn best in small classrooms; therefore our homeroom classes never exceed 25 students.
- We believe children learn best when they feel safe; therefore we set high standards of behavior for all of our students enforced with discipline that is strict, but loving and fair.
- We believe children learn best when they are presented with work that is challenging, but not overwhelming; therefore we test and ability group our students for the core subjects of Reading and Mathematics.
Patriot Academy's Mission Provides:
- a learning environment that improves student achievement with an emphasis on basic skills.
- a commitment to the education of the whole child through experiences in sports, performing arts, and life skills.
- educational opportunities and experiences that teach and reinforce basic skills, instill respect for self and others, build strong character traits, and equip students with the necessary skills to to grow into successful adults and citizens.